I recently had my first opportunity to attend the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Las Vegas, NV. I spent 2 full days exploring all the new products throughout 3 halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center. After lots and lots of walking, I’ve narrowed down my top 5 new products to use in the Bathroom.
- Anything from AquaBrass– it is no wonder why they won the Innovative Booth Award. From their limited edition hand-painted tub collection, Kanvas, to the space saving shower and tub in one wet room, Aquazone. I was really impressed by the sleek and thin faucets, some of which were more like a piece of artwork. For those interested in a new finish for your faucet, choose from over 22 finishes- I especially liked the Polished Copper and Satin Pearl.
- Kohler Choreograph– integrated storage, flip down seats, and wall panels are easy to install and maintain. The solid, patterned, or textured panels create a clean and nearly seamless look. My favorite accessory is the Shower Barres- which is a flat bar (inspired by ballet dancers) that can act as a grab bar or shelf for storage. Kohler had one of the largest booths at the show so I could spend all day talking about their products!
- Robern Uplift medicine cabinet and Adorn Vanities- the Uplift medicine cabinet solves the ever challenging question of how to keep all your bathroom items neatly stored away but still accessible without having to worry about clearance for a door to swing open. Deeper than a standard medicine cabinet, the Uplift can include electrical outlets, interior lighting and even a TV. The Adorn Vanities offer customizable storage for any needs, push to open drawers, and interior electric outlets.
- Fleurco Low Profile Shower bases and doors– Shower bases with trench style drains allow for a roll-in type entry, textured floors help to prevent slip, and unique doors add style to more accessible design.
- Brizo Rook Collection– We saw a lot more fixtures with a matte black finish. Brizo’s Rook line combines matte black with brushed nickel in faucets and accessories. This look would be perfect for both men and women. I really like that it includes cabinet hardware to match!
All in all, attending this year’s event was an awesome experience! Now I can’t wait to start incorporating some of these great products into my client’s remodeling projects. Look for more great products and photos in my future blog posts.
MJ Englert is a Director of Project Development at Case Design/Remodeling. She is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR) and Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP), specializing in kitchen and bathroom renovations. To see more of her projects, visit her Houzz Page.