The Coronavirus has forced many businesses to closely examine their practices and procedures. When the virus came to our area, we immediately implemented a detailed list of protocols to be followed on every Case job site You can learn more about these precautions by visiting our post on Job Site Protective Measures. We are in client’s homes every single day and take the responsibility of maintaining a safe and healthy worksite very, very seriously.
While we managed to quickly adapt to this new environment, the situation caused us to think more deeply about “safe and healthy.” What exactly does this mean? Do these efforts stop when there is a treatment or vaccine for the virus? Do these concerns extend beyond the job site? If we were the client, what would be important to us?
As we considered these questions, it became clear that while job site measures are critically important, they are just part of a comprehensive approach. There are other components to “safe and healthy” that need to be addressed. Further, we believe our job site protective measures are extremely important and that they should continue beyond the current situation. Enter Safe Home, our program to deliver a safe and healthy job site, guarantee our work, and protect your investment. We break this initiative down into 4 categories:
Worksite Personnel & Practices
Where it matters most- in your home. From the people doing the work, to the respect we show for your family and home, you can count on us.
- We use a fully vetted Alliance Partner group of trade specialists and suppliers. Alliance partners must provide evidence of licensing and insurance coverage and may not work on a Case project if their information is not current or in compliance with the latest regulations.
- A Project Manager – who is separate from the Craftspeople doing the work – will oversee the work quality and on site project safety.
- Case is an equal opportunity employer. We hire and work with people and businesses without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
- All EPA mandated lead safe work practices, including having a certified expert on site, will be carefully followed and documented for every project in spaces built prior to 1978
- All EPA and OSHA practices will be followed including the use of high efficiency particulate air vacuums (Advance Euroclean GD 930 HEPA vacuums) and by utilizing Build Clean air scrubbers.
- A protective runner will be used to create a path to the worksite of any non-isolated areas of the home. Where not practical, shoe coverings or booties will be worn in this area of the home.
- A confined work area is to be created to isolate homeowner’s from the work area whenever possible. This includes the use of plastic dust walls taped on all sides, top and bottom. A zippered dust door is to be used for egress.
- Air filters are to be taped over any air registers or vents within the work area to limit the spread of dust.
- Vacuum filters will be changed or cleaned weekly. Clean filters will be used for each new job.
- No smoking is permitted on the property.
- Frequently used tools, equipment, and frequently touched surfaces are to be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- The job site will be cleaned up before the crew leaves the site each day.
The safety of our team and clients is our highest priority.
- We will never share your personal information. Period.
- All applicants must pass a criminal background check and a drug screening before becoming a member of the Case team.
- Our network utilizes up to date network security protections and employees are trained in IT security.
- We abide by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration’s (OSHA) Construction Industry Standards to ensure safe and healthful working conditions.
- A Monthly Safety Talk is held for all field personnel to review safe work practices.
Precautions and practices don’t matter if you can’t stay in business. We have been around since 1961 and are well positioned to be around for another 60 years.
- Case has been remodeling area homes since 1961.
- The average tenure of our staff is over 9 years – we have an experienced and dedicated team.
- We are licensed to work in all local jurisdictions.
- We carry 10x the required level of insurance protection.
- We have the financial strength to back your investment. The “current ratio” measures the ability of current assets to cover the cost of current liabilities. A current ratio ≥ 1.0 is considered good. In 2020 our current ratio was 3.35.
Building techniques and the materials used in a project can have a lasting effect on the inhabitants of the home.
- Low VOC paint and sealants will be used on interior work including the option to use waterborne sealants when refinishing wood flooring.
- We use American made cabinets that comply with the American National Standards Institutes’ (ANSI) formaldehyde emission requirements.
- We use the Schluter Waterproofing System to ensure that your shower or bath is well-protected against water infiltration that can cause mold and mildew problems.
- We use American made drywall and it is installed in compliance with OSHA’s respirable silica standards.
This is Safe Home. Our holistic pledge to you. Because it’s more than a house, it’s your home.