"Great design affords you the luxury of practical living, in an environment that is aesthetically pleasing. Living in this environment inevitably heightens your senses, your mood, your being."
"We decided to remodel our kitchen, and I attended a remodeling seminar hosted by Case Remodeling. April was a one presenter and after seeing examples of her design work, I knew she was the right person for our project so I specifically requested to work with her. She seemed to understand our needs and tastes from our very first meeting. She was very timely with design plans and very knowledgeable about the process. She patiently walked us through every detail and answered all of our questions. She narrowed down our search based on our tastes, and presented us with several choices in a range of prices and colors."
-Carin Gendell - Great Falls, VA
I have been with Case Design for 24 years, basically since I finished college. I love my position with Case for a number of reasons. I appreciate the challenge of each and every project and truly enjoy meeting new clients, getting to know them, and guiding them through creating a perfect space for them and their families. This guidance comes naturally for me, not just in terms of my expertise in basic and complex design guidelines, but also in my extensive product knowledge.
I enjoy the seemingly endless quantities of products, from their function, to their aesthetic, to their individual detail that makes them unique. My passion for combining the best design for each individual client and also finding the perfect materials to incorporate into the design, makes my “job” more like an exciting hobby that creates happy clients.
The bulk of my annual business comes from repeat and referral clientele, which also adds to my joy in creating…it’s like helping an old friend, and then their friends, and on and on!
Outside of Case Design, I am married to my wonderful husband Mark who I met in college, and we have five children: Colin (14), Anderson (13), Campbell (11), Arden (8) and Case (5). Besides my “mom” duties (of which there are P-L-E-N-T-Y!), I enjoy exercising, travel, dining out, shopping, and social events with my husband and my girlfriends with their spouses.
Honors & Awards
- Top Gross Sales
- Projects featured in the Washingtonian, Southern Living, Consumer Reports, Kitchen Style & Design, Chesapeake Home, The Washington Post, The Washington Post Magazine, The Washington Examiner, The Connection Newspaper, Northern Virginia Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens: Kitchens and Baths, Traditional Home and USA Today Home Magazine
- Case Design Signature Project Award Winner - September 2019
- Case Design Signature Project Award Winner - June 2019
- Case Design Signature Project Award Winner - December 2017
- 2019 MCBA Outstanding Kitchen Award (presented by the Montgomery County Builders Association)
- Best of Houzz 2020 - Service Award
- Best of Houzz 2021 - Design Award
Education & Certificates
- B.S. in Furnishing and Interiors - The University of Georgia
- Certified Remodeler
- Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler