Michael O’Hearn, Director of Project Development, and Ellen Linstead Whitmore, Director of our Architectural Studio, have been working together to help their client create an at-home outdoor oasis. During the design process, Ellen prepared multiple renderings to help her client envision their new outdoor space.
Let’s take a look at the current space and two of the design options…
Here is a rendering of the current space:
Some of the client’s goals for the project include:
- Privacy from apartments behind
- Functions/uses – dining, cooking, seating
- Storage – garden supplies, ladder and tools, cushions
- Shade/rain cover – permanent or adjustable
They also want to include the following features:
- Built Elements – Pergola, storage, focal features
- Lighting – repetition of fixtures, post-mounted, wall lights, string lights
- Plants – containers, green wall, in-ground
- Furniture and décor – existing dining table, seating area, wall art, fire pit and/or water feature
After listening to our client’s goals for the project, our team put together two different schemes.
Here is Scheme A:
This design accomplishes many of our client’s goals. See below for some of the inspiration photos we shared.
Next up is Scheme B.
Scheme B is another great option. Below are some of the inspiration photos we shared for Scheme B.
Ready to get started on your own outdoor oasis? Contact us today!