Nearly every industry is being impacted by delays. Whether you’re trying to buy a car, a couch, or a dishwasher, you’re probably going to be shocked by the timelines presented. Unfortunately, the remodeling industry is also being effected by delays. Today, we’re sharing our advice on what you should be doing if you are interested in remodeling your home.
- Many appliances are extremely tough to get right now and some brands/ types of appliances have huge lead times. Start looking now – and place your order as soon as possible.
- If you have a timeline, get in touch with a remodeler right away. For example, if you want a new kitchen in time for Thanksgiving 2022, you should be entering the process of looking for a remodeler now. Hard to believe, we know!
- If you’re considering financing your project, get started now. Just like everyone else, they are backed up and financing is taking longer to secure.
- When you’re out looking at materials, always ask the question, ‘is this available now?’ Whether it’s tile, cabinetry, countertops, or faucets, some things are extremely hard to come by right now. You want to be sure you’re not waiting months for countertops if the rest of your materials are at the job site.
- Anticipate everything taking longer (maybe even significantly longer) than you thought.
Interested in getting started on your own remodeling project? We’d love to chat.
Considering a remodeling project, but not sure where to start? Check out our blog: