So you're thinking about remodeling your kitchen. You're definitely not alone. Kitchen makeovers are among the most popular home renovation projects today. Maybe your kitchen lacks adequate storage space, needs more light, is too small, is in need of repair or is just out of date. Whatever your reason, a kitchen remodel will make a huge impact on the look, feel, and value of your home and will provide you and your family with years of enjoyment.
What Type of Kitchen Remodel is Right for You?
Executive Vice President Bill Millholland explains different approaches to kitchen remodeling projects.
There are many reasons why homeowners decide to explore a new kitchen remodel.
- Your kitchen may be out-of-style
- Your kitchen may not function well
- You may not have enough storage space
- You may not have ample lighting
- There simply may not be enough space
- Something may be broken or need repair
- You may be thinking about resale
Whatever your reason, it's important to share the "why" behind your remodel with your designer to make sure that is incorporated into the direction of your renovation.
Preparing for Your Remodel
If you're like most homeowners considering a renovation project, you're probably feeling a little overwhelmed. Here are a few things to consider as you get started.
- Begin gathering ideas for your kitchen through internet research, magazines, etc. This is a great way to explore the options available to you and to have something to discuss with your project designer. This should be done at a very preliminary level. Once you sit down and begin the design and planning process with your designer, you will be much better equipped to make a lot of the design decisions.
- Do your homework when choosing a remodeling company. Remodeling your kitchen is a big deal and who you choose to work with is probably one of the most important decisions you will make. It requires a detailed process, so working with someone who is experienced is critical. Make sure they are considering your needs and concerns, taste and style, and budget. A great project designer will design a solution that meets all of your desires.